Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Old 12-05-2010   #21
marty
bikes > Cars

didn't they originally plan on bringing it over here? i could have sworn we were supposed to get the new scirocco. lame.

six liters of chevy.
marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010   #22
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets View Post
The plastic parts have been bashed by cones. The front of that car is...weak.
And expensive! At the last event I ate some cones and decent chunk of the plastic engine splash shield broke. Holy cow, the good price through the mazdaspeed wholesale site is $101! Dealership price is in the neighborhood of $150. Probably won't last but I'm going to try to bond the broken piece back onto the shield with some epoxy or strong glue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engine shield.jpg (43.1 KB, 27 views)
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #23
psssst...passedyou
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuel View Post
hmm, good. I hate slow loud cars.

however I don't recall having ever complained about your car. I think I said the excact oppsite, I like your car with the Audi wheels.
During one of the times I got a trophy you mentioned the exhaust need. I was just joking though, I think we have talked about the wheels most of the time. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuel View Post
Since the new Scirocco isn't available in the states (VW does not plan to offer it here), the correct answer is : not eligable, I'm afraid. Not to mention that I would have to import at least 2 of them so the DOT can chrash one of them.

And for all that money it would cost, I could easily buy a real fast car, like the guys Adam is complaining about.
And for $150k you can have HPA import one for ya and make it push out 550hp!

http://wot.motortrend.com/6611212/tu...wer/index.html
psssst...passedyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #24
psssst...passedyou
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
didn't they originally plan on bringing it over here? i could have sworn we were supposed to get the new scirocco. lame.
Yep, they note the "weak US dollar" as the sole reason thy won't bring it over.
psssst...passedyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #25
Mr. Pockets
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
And expensive! At the last event I ate some cones and decent chunk of the plastic engine splash shield broke. Holy cow, the good price through the mazdaspeed wholesale site is $101! Dealership price is in the neighborhood of $150. Probably won't last but I'm going to try to bond the broken piece back onto the shield with some epoxy or strong glue.
I have been mending the front of my car for the past two seasons in between practically every event. I tend to drill holes and use zip ties or sheet metal screws to hold broken pieces together. If it was made out of something strong, this whole nightmare is a pretty good argument for a splitter. I'm allowed one under STX rules.

You know, that's not a terrible idea...
Mr. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #26
zxtwou2
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEX View Post
Tokiko is the only company that makes performance dampers specifically designed for the 2008+ Foci and I haven't heard anything good (or bad) about these shocks. It is possible to put aftermarket performance dampers from 2000-2005 Foci on my Focus with an "omni" kit made by Massive, but I have heard that this kit isn't exactly the highest quality and rusts out quickly.
doesn't the new focus share a platform with the Mazda3? should be something available. if anything, Koni makes tubes you can use on any car so long as you use the sleeves from your stock struts or fabricate your own sleeves with mounts.

#582 FSP

John Deere Blitz Black Crew, Member #002
zxtwou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #27
zxtwou2
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
do like the drifters do and stitch the pieces back together with black zip ties.

#582 FSP

John Deere Blitz Black Crew, Member #002
zxtwou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #28
dnace
Administrator

Quote:
do you guys have a stuppid hole for the filter like my wifes santa fe? Only big enough for the filter, not the filter and your hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets View Post
. I'm allowed one under STX rules.

You know, that's not a terrible idea...
Its on the table to repeal the aero allowance. Still needs to be voted on. We may know if they pull this and the wing allowance before spring. We will see I wanted to try a wing for nationals, but we will see.
#82 Shenanigan's Racing STR S2000
www.shenanigansracing.com
dnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #29
EddieEX
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxtwou2 View Post
doesn't the new focus share a platform with the Mazda3? should be something available. if anything, Koni makes tubes you can use on any car so long as you use the sleeves from your stock struts or fabricate your own sleeves with mounts.
The 2012 Focus will share the Mazda 3 platform. My 2008 platform is still very similar to the previous Focus but with some slight changes. I may just try the Tokikos, we will see what happens in the next few months. I will look into the koni tubes you speak of.
EddieEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #30
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnace View Post
do you guys have a stuppid hole for the filter like my wifes santa fe? Only big enough for the filter, not the filter and your hand?
Exactly, the hole is worthless and the whole shield has to be unbolted and taken off for every oil change.

Tim, I'll give the zip ties a shot, thanks for the tip.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote