Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Old 04-17-2017   #21
S stang
CICENet Guru

Need more event advertising everywhere just dose not seam to be happening like before.
S stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2017   #22
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3papa View Post
That estimate is not fair off. I cross post to all those regions including subgroups like TSSCC, and then direct invite friends not already invited to brow beat them into coming. Only exception to direct invites is if I'm not going to be there and don't want to guilt them into an event I won't be attending without at least a disclaimer. I noticed the first event of the year (usually the largest turnout or second to the last event) had a combined 100 entrants for the weekend, down from 130+ last year, and 150+ the two years prior. After certain thresholds, the larger participation is nearly complete profit as there is no more insurance, no more trophies, no more cost to have 150 in a weekend versus 75.
I'm pretty sure our first event low turnout was mostly weather related, or some people had "better things" to do. Others didn't have their cars ready yet.
There is also more competition because STL has now SCCA and NASA events since 2015 and people are more aware of other clubs events.
Don't get me wrong, great advertising will help a lot. Just don't think people didn't know that we had an event.
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #23
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

I'm sorry that was not meant to diss you for going to a funeral. Somehow I thought you attended a wedding and a few others also did something else. My bad. Very sorry.
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017   #24
Kazz5
Member of 'The Zoo'

I was hoping to make this the inaugural event for my Fiesta ST. But I'm going to be trying to sell the car it's replacing, my modified 2000 Celica GT-S.

And I just wanted to say, Clark, that you, your family, and all loved ones involved have my thoughts and prayers through all the huge changes, hopes, and losses going on. I hope everyone can find peace, sooner or later, and find some great, new beginnings.
Old 04-19-2017   #25
DisplacedNE
CICENet Posting Master

Nathan and I may swing out and watch on Sunday for a bit and say hello to folks, depends on the family priorities though. I hope everyone has fun. This season is looking to be a down one for me with so many competing priorities...hopefully I will have the car out and about in May.

CIR SCCA Member - schedule
CCSCC Member - schedule
DisplacedNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017   #26
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz5 View Post
I was hoping to make this the inaugural event for my Fiesta ST. But I'm going to be trying to sell the car it's replacing, my modified 2000 Celica GT-S.

And I just wanted to say, Clark, that you, your family, and all loved ones involved have my thoughts and prayers through all the huge changes, hopes, and losses going on. I hope everyone can find peace, sooner or later, and find some great, new beginnings.
Thanks. It's been tough for everyone.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017   #27
dgmiller
Senior CICENet Member

Set up Friday afternoon at 3 PM

We will be setting up the course beginning at 3 PM on Friday afternoon. Any help will be appreciated.
dgmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017   #28
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

I'm out for Sunday and likely Saturday.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017   #29
nocones
CICENet Posting Master

Planning to be there Sunday. That's assuming the contract moves all the spare wood like promised tomorrow to liberate the MG from the garage. I did not get anywhere near as much done over winter as planned. But I did get the shocks modified.
Old 04-20-2017   #30
jvb6806
Administrator

I am also likely for Saturday. Fingers crossed for some more ST competition!