Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017   #11
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member
 
Z3papa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 5,420
In both days barring some family crisis.
__________________
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2017   #12
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master
 
Emanuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Urbana
Posts: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
it is so strange, i've never had a problem adding an event to the cart before, i just don't see it this time...
Make sure your cart is clear of old stuff.
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #13
S stang
CICENet Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Champaign
Posts: 274
How come the front page still talking about the driving school and not about the next event ??????????? They use to be put up right after the last one was done.
S stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #14
winged1
CICENet Senior Guru
 
winged1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by S stang View Post
How come the front page still talking about the driving school and not about the next event ??????????? They use to be put up right after the last one was done.
This event is visible on the calendar now. Wasn't visible yesterday morning.

Also, the Add Registrations to Cart option is now visible as well. If you already pre-registered, login, click the registration button for the event and you should see the Add Registrations to Cart option at the bottom. Proceed as usual.
Bill W.
__________________
'14 Impreza Sport
'04 STi
'00 2.5RS

'07 Ducati MTS 1100S
'05 Ducati ST3
winged1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #15
winged1
CICENet Senior Guru
 
winged1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
it is so strange, i've never had a problem adding an event to the cart before, i just don't see it this time...
This is fixed now. If you already pre-registered, login, click the registration button for the event and you should see the Add Registrations to Cart option at the bottom. Proceed as usual.
__________________
'14 Impreza Sport
'04 STi
'00 2.5RS

'07 Ducati MTS 1100S
'05 Ducati ST3
winged1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017   #16
kyoo
CICENet Posting Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
This is fixed now. If you already pre-registered, login, click the registration button for the event and you should see the Add Registrations to Cart option at the bottom. Proceed as usual.
i see it now!! thanks!
kyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #17
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member
 
Z3papa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 5,420
It might be helpful to have this event (and all our events) posted up on FB if you want to get numbers up. I will then cross post it sufficiently with enough invites to drive up participation. Without that, chances are pretty high we will continue to have minimal numbers.
__________________
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #18
PGibby
CICENet Posting Master
 
PGibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3papa View Post
It might be helpful to have this event (and all our events) posted up on FB if you want to get numbers up. I will then cross post it sufficiently with enough invites to drive up participation. Without that, chances are pretty high we will continue to have minimal numbers.
Yep. This 100%.
__________________
PGibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #19
Adam
Moderator
 
Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dodging Cones
Posts: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3papa View Post
It might be helpful to have this event (and all our events) posted up on FB if you want to get numbers up. I will then cross post it sufficiently with enough invites to drive up participation. Without that, chances are pretty high we will continue to have minimal numbers.
+1. When the club is really pulling in good numbers, 25-50% of the participants are coming from Indy/STL/Chicago region. Only so many autocrossers in Rantoul's backyard.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleez View Post
It's always better to do more fun shit in a day than to do less fun shit.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017   #20
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member
 
Z3papa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 5,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
+1. When the club is really pulling in good numbers, 25-50% of the participants are coming from Indy/STL/Chicago region. Only so many autocrossers in Rantoul's backyard.
That estimate is not fair off. I cross post to all those regions including subgroups like TSSCC, and then direct invite friends not already invited to brow beat them into coming. Only exception to direct invites is if I'm not going to be there and don't want to guilt them into an event I won't be attending without at least a disclaimer. I noticed the first event of the year (usually the largest turnout or second to the last event) had a combined 100 entrants for the weekend, down from 130+ last year, and 150+ the two years prior. After certain thresholds, the larger participation is nearly complete profit as there is no more insurance, no more trophies, no more cost to have 150 in a weekend versus 75.
__________________
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rantoul Autocross June 25 & 26 dgmiller Local Events 77 06-27-2016 08:50 PM
Look Rantoul 9-17/9-18 Autocross photos Midship_Express Auto-X\Road Racing 11 09-21-2011 08:53 AM
Rantoul Autocross 25/26 Jun 2011 ruse Local Events 392 08-09-2011 11:13 PM
Pics from Rantoul autocross Adam CICENet Show & Shine 0 07-10-2009 07:45 PM
Autocross at Rantoul Aug 16 & 17 greggodavike Auto-X\Road Racing 71 08-20-2008 10:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.