Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Old 04-04-2017   #1
jako
CICENet Posting Master

Chicago SCCA Event #1 2017/04/09

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...go-solo-740685

Looks like it's going to be a good turn-out. 174 pre-registered with 3 days left before pre-reg closes.

If you've never made it up to one of Chicago SCCA's events, I highly recommend you come up and give it a shot. Lots of competition and events that are usually very efficient and well-run.

With that many people, they've set me up as course photographer as my work assignment. As long as you aren't in my heat, I'll get photos of you.
"It's ok... the shower curtain has suction cups."
jako is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2017   #2
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Registration is capped at 170 so if you don't want the uncertainty of being able to run from wait list, I'd look to the second event.
Old 04-04-2017   #3
jvb6806
Administrator

Events #1 & #2 had 177 drivers last year, I don't remember them ever closing pre-reg last year... but I will be getting there early that is for sure. I'll let razny chime in if he has any cap info.

If you aren't going to the CCSCC event come try chicago region if they don't close pre-reg!
Old 04-04-2017   #4
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Quoted from Book of Faces posting by Razny:
http://msreg.com/cr-scca-solo-2017-1 We are officially on Waitlist now. If you are registered and cannot make it, please let us know immediately so we can manage the waitlist better. Please also e-mail us (solo-secretary@scca-chicago.com and/or sccachicagoreg@gmail.com) if you do waitlist, this is new for us too and we want to make sure we know what folks are trying to do. First on waitlist would get first dibs on opened spots. If folks can cancel in advance of Friday evening, we'll be able to manage you easily, if it's a Saturday cancellation, we may need to manage the entry on Sunday morning. On Sunday morning, if you are pre-registered and not in line by 8:15, your spot will be given to a waitlisted person that has come onsite.
Old 04-04-2017   #5
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvb6806 View Post
Events #1 & #2 had 177 drivers last year, I don't remember them ever closing pre-reg last year... but I will be getting there early that is for sure. I'll let razny chime in if he has any cap info.

If you aren't going to the CCSCC event come try chicago region if they don't close pre-reg!
Good to know you didn't rely on this policy for this year's opener.
Old 04-04-2017   #6
jvb6806
Administrator

how about that... turns out I should try that facebook thing. Thanks for passing that on.
Old 04-04-2017   #7
jako
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvb6806 View Post
how about that... turns out I should try that facebook thing. Thanks for passing that on.
Bah, that fad will never catch on.
"It's ok... the shower curtain has suction cups."
jako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017   #8
mrazny
CICENet Guru

Our Members asked for caps to be enforced, so we set at 170. The thing I didn't catch early enough to avoid some of the confusion was it showed the waitlisters as entries (fixed now). We're at 13 on the waitlist at the moment. The hope is to better ensure 6 runs, while still giving a relatively high cap. mke-esque release interval, lots of corner workers

I want to say we have 10 MKE folks coming down to us, and 25 of our Learning Curve students coming back out. Historically neither of those tends to hold for too long, though I'd love to have our students get "the full hook".
mrazny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017   #9
jvb6806
Administrator

I had a blast today. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

I am still an idiot when it comes to using harry's lap timer and it wasn't connected to the wifi for all of my middle runs. I recorded my first two... and my last one.

My last one is the fastest of those that recorded but it was about .4 slower than my fastest run of the day.

2nd in class behind last years class winner... PAX isn't up yet.

Thanks to everyone that put on an great event with 175 drivers!

FYI... Clark you took the class with your 1st run of the day and I think you were 6th on PAX if I remember correctly.
Old 04-10-2017   #10
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Thanks for the information -- I take that even though Cashmore would have trounced me if he got clean. My run session was pretty hectic running all my runs in the morning so I could leave and then ending up with 3 re-runs. The grid guy forgot about me sitting there for my 2nd RR only to realize as he calling in the last car of the heat I'd been there for 10 minutes or so. On the way to the line, I thought, man I hope this guy in front of me is clean so I can get this done and pack up, only to find workers waiving at me to stop the 3rd turn from the end.