Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Old 11-16-2016   #91
kyoo
CICENet Posting Master

open for any critiques - this is from sunday. I think I could have gone a little faster in the afternoon with some more heat, but didn't hurt me too much. my steering is still a little jerky, and harder to hit my lines in this car vs the mini
kyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2016   #92
JP-X
CICENet Guru

Sam

Some things are difficult to tell from just video, but here are my observations. Take them as you will.

The first slalom: It looked like you could have entered it better/tighter on the first left cone and carried more speed through it. Also you were further off those cones than you needed to be.

The first left section: Your entry to that was a bit wider than needed, but you brought the car back in to be tight on the exit which was the most important part there. So just a little extra distance there, not much.

The entry into the sweeper and sweeper: The camera position doesn't give a great look at that, but overall I didn't see anything to be terribly critical of.
The sweeper exit down to the first turn around: It looks like you were fairly tight to the cone coming out of the sweeper which was good, but you kept steering in instead of staying to the left and hugging the line coming down that slight bend section. That's quite a bit of added distance. Once you get through that pinch section with the pointer cone on the left and the one right after on the right, you can keep it wide to set up the first turn around. It looks like you overcooked that a bit. The exit of that looked pretty good to me.

Second straight linked to the second turn around: I didn't see anything there to be terribly critical of. Maybe you could have been a touch wider on the entry to the turn around. With the camera angle it's hard to see if you overcooked it, but it looked like you must have been pretty close.

Slalom to the finish: Again, you could have been a bit closer to the cones through there. I can't tell how close you got to the last cone with the pointer on the right, but you wanted to be pretty much right on top of that.

Again, just my $0.02. I'm guessing most of this you already noticed. If I get a chance, I'll post up my video as well. You'll notice I made a lot of the same mistakes.
JP-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016   #93
kyoo
CICENet Posting Master

thanks, I appreciate the critique!
kyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016   #94
JP-X
CICENet Guru

My video from Sunday. It shows I missed the mark in a lot of areas that I pointed out you missing as well Sam. Enjoy the comparison.

I'd be curious to see further critiques from others. On this particular run I think my two biggest errors were missing my mark by a few feet in the transitions entering the sweeper, and overcooking the first 180 just a touch.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tj9pinunK5s

Last edited by JP-X; 11-19-2016 at 04:00 PM.
JP-X is offline   Reply With Quote