Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > General > CICENet Show & Shine

Old 02-21-2012   #1
MK388Chris
CICENet Guru

Mk388Chris' Car Journal/Build Thread

I feel like doing a build thread/journal for my new car, but I want to give some background info on myself. Feel free to comment and make remarks IDC!

I plan on logging a lot of the things I do with pictures and descriptions.

When I was 15, I used most of my savings to buy half of my first vehicle. Thank You very much parents, still appreciate it to this day!

1993 Ford Lightning, 5.8 Windsor, SVT plugs/wires, drop in K&N, Dynomax mufflers, really nice sound system, custom sub-enclosure between the seats, White "Lightning" stickers.

Then on my 16th birthday after sitting in a garage for a year, I finally got to start driving on it. Then after only 8 months of ownership, this happened one night while on a date, no one was hurt thankfully. This was probably one of the hardest times of my life. I didn't sleep at all that night, every time I closed my eyes, all I could do was re-live the accident in my head.

In the next week, I sold the truck for $1000 dollars, to friend of mine who wanted the engine.

More story on the next post.
||
||
\ /

Last edited by MK388Chris; 07-30-2013 at 11:09 AM.
MK388Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012   #2
MK388Chris
CICENet Guru

After the wreck, I again purchased a car with my parents for a total of $800.

A 1998 Nissan Altima GXE. This was a back up car that we lent to family and I DD'd for awhile. Absolutely one of the most reliable car's on the road. This thing has been put through hell and it still lives and runs fantastically to this day. We bought the car with like 108K miles. It now has 201K. Just basic maintenance and it runs awesomely.

Well after about a month of searching, my friends got me hooked on Mitsubishi Eclipses. I worked my butt off at Mcdonald's making less than minimum wage, doing overtime, and taking extra shifts and I made a nice chunk of money very quickly. So it just happened to work out that my family was wanting to go on vacation, so we went to Florida and I purchased my 1998 Eclipse GS-T, with 113K miles.

This is what we call the generation picture, my grandfather, my father, Me and my best friend/cousin, all working on the car.

Well I drove the car for a week and parked it, it had some engine/turbo problems and I wasn't that mechanically inclined so it got parked and I sold it about a month later for $100 less than what I purchased it. A mechanic bought it and said he could fix it. I believe to this day that the guy's wife is still driving it.

Last edited by MK388Chris; 02-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2012   #3
MK388Chris
CICENet Guru

Here comes the biggest part of my "Car" life. At the age of 17, I worked my butt off some more at and underpaid job at McDonald's working overtime and I was able to save and add the money from my eclipse, to purchase....drumroll....a 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo, for $3,800. Probably one of the best days of my life. I got it home and within a week, I blew up a hose, then within like 2-4 months after replacing, a waterpump, radiator hoses, and 2 thermostats, my Head gasket finally blew. I spent a crap ton of money at toyota getting replacement parts. I replaced almost every hose and gasket with OEM toyota. I also put an HKS MHG on it with ARP Studs, best mod ever.

I spent about 5 months rebuilding it taking my time, and learning everything about internal combustion motors. I read and read for hours and hours. I read my haynes manual, I read forums, guides. I researched so much I wouldn't realize that I'd be up at 3 a.m. reading when I started at 8 p.m. I finished the HG myself without any real mechanic skills, and I put it all back together had a little problem with the timing, fixed it after about 3 days of reading I realized I need to adjust my Cam position sensor down about an eighth of an inch and it ran flawlessly. I finish all of this at around 92K miles. bought the car with 82K miles. I also finished it at the age of 18.

I bought some rims, replaced the turbo, put newer parts on it replacing the old, did some Horsepower mods, did some suspension mods, and put 42K miles on it....with that single headgasket. I was proud of myself, besides replacing some old rotted parts, the car never broke down on me. I learned enough that it got me a job at Autozone with everything I knew, and I had a great reputation with my customer's. Anyway, after owning it for almost 4 years, I sold my prized posession for $3300. It had quite a bit of body problems, but it ran amazingly so it was a good sell.

Pictures:

The day after I got it home.

During the rebuild.

After rebuild with the wheels.

Engine.

Prom 2010.

I raced it.

The day I sold it.

Last edited by MK388Chris; 02-21-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2012   #4
MK388Chris
CICENet Guru

Reserved.... for my new car.......Here it is, I've been searching for this car since september I believe. It took me 6 months to find the one I want, and one for a good deal. So yesterday my gf and I went to C/U to pick up this:

A 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS STM Coupe. The car has 71,540 miles, hardly any rust cancer, one dent, and a few rock chips, perfectly okay with me because it's still one of the nicest looking cars I've owned. For some reason, I feel like I shouldn't disclose the price of what I bought it for, because it was such a fantastic buy, it was like stealing it.

Here's the pictures, nothing too much right now, I'll put the PO's mod list, and then my future mods for it.

Last edited by MK388Chris; 02-22-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-22-2012   #5
SnakeEater900Supra

Any idea what you'll pick up next? MKIV perhaps?
SnakeEater900Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #6
MK388Chris
CICENet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEater900Supra View Post
Any idea what you'll pick up next? MKIV perhaps?
AHAHAH I wish....maybe one day when you can touch them for under 12K dollars.

Actually I picked up my new car yesturday at noon. I'm going to get some really good pictures tomorrow, and post up my plans for it.

Anyone want to guess??
Old 02-22-2012   #7
mellephants
CICENet Posting Master

Miata on RS3's

Jkjk

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
mellephants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #8
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

Subaru, at least that's what you were looking for.
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #9
MK388Chris
CICENet Guru

Ahh dang, how did I forget about that wtb thread I made....wow..that ruins all the fun. Well Emanual got it. I'm going to update with a picture or two. h/o.

UPDATED.

Last edited by MK388Chris; 02-22-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2012   #10
blacktavert

cool car, I miss my Imprezza L that I had