Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > News > Local Events

Old 10-24-2010   #1
bri255
CICENet Guru

Halloween Rally

Halloweenie Road Rally

Special Information
This is not a regular rally! As is the tradition, there will be a trick involved. Bring whatever tools you think will help you out ó extra paper, mirrors, tape, scissors, bowling pins, garden shears, etc. Even if you canít come for the rally join us for the usual "alibi hour" where everyone is welcome and where participants try to explain why they woulda, coulda, shoulda done better.

Registration Info
The entry fee will be $20.00 per team. We recommend that you register close to the time registration opens. This will give you time to do the paperwork including certifying that your vehicle's/driver's insurance meets the appropriate state's standards, that the driver has a valid license, that your rally vehicle is being used with the permission of the owner, is in safe operating condition, is on the road legally, and that all its operational items such as lights, turn signals, brakes, horn, tires, mirrors, seat belts, windshield wipers and windshield washer are in proper working order. It will also give you time to read the rally's general rules and to talk to other rally participants. This last is especially important if you've never run a rally before.

Don't Have a Driver or Navigator?
If you don't have a partner to drive or navigate for you just come by yourself. At almost every rally there are folks who come alone then team up with someone else to run the event. If you are lucky you'll have a chance to team up with someone who has some rally experience. Sometimes that increases your chances of winning a trophy. If you're only slightly less lucky you'll get to run with someone who has no rally experience and have twice the fun as you discover what rallying is all about. At the very worst (which almost never happens) there will be no one to partner with and you will get the chance to work some of the checkpoints and see how everyone is doing as the event progresses.
oh wait, nevermind"
bri255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2010   #2
ruse
CICENet Posting Master

brian and I will be missing this one unfortunately. It is one of my favorite rallies every year. If you have any doubts about attending this rally - don't hesitate to participate - it's a blast! Weather permitting, it will end at Jim Hamilton's place for a hot dog roast around a campfire so bring something warm for afterwards and some extra lawn chairs may be appreciated
ruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #3
dnace
Administrator

this was fun last year, I am guessing we won't make it though
#82 Shenanigan's Racing STR S2000
www.shenanigansracing.com
dnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #4
Moruitelda
Resident Bickerer

I might be there. Not sure yet.
Old 10-25-2010   #5
jleez
CICENet Guru

I will be there with a friend. I haven't done one of these rallies in a really long time.
Old 10-26-2010   #6
JerryW
CICENet Guru

I'll be there. I may even have Brian Ford with me again.

Weather wise it looks like it will be a great evening for a rally.

BTW, the drinks, hot dogs and other food as well as table service will all be provided.

JerryW
JerryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #7
Moron95M3
CICENet Posting Master

ugh I dont think I can make it. Picking up the GF at 7pm from bloomington

bummer, wish her train was an hr earlier - Id have her co-drive
Moron95M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #8
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

Looks like the dream team in an Audi will try once more
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #9
JerryW
CICENet Guru

Mike put together a great course for last nightís rally. It went over around Champaign Countyís Middle Fork River County Forest Preserve. There were a good number crooked roads and gravel roads and even some crooked gravel roads.

Unfortunately since there were only four cars I think there were fewer rallyists than there were deer. The good thing about the small turnout was that everyone who came got one of the coveted Hallo-weenie Roast Rally tee-shirt trophies.

As is befitting for a Halloween rally it was pitch black out in the country because the moon hadnít yet come up. Every team also received bag of treats at the start of the rally and got to eat their fill of hot dogs and potato salad at the weenie roast at the end.

Iíll make a link to the results as soon as they get posted.

JerryW
JerryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #10
dnace
Administrator

what was the trick this year?
#82 Shenanigan's Racing STR S2000
www.shenanigansracing.com
dnace is offline   Reply With Quote