Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > News > Local Events

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
DaveW
CICENet Member

It has been a while since I have been at on of your events with my daughter - Sam and I are going to come up and run the CAM-C car at this event. She is 15, Missouri Learners Permit that requires an adult to be in the car. Beth is not coming to the event.

1) From reading your rules, CCSCC basically follows the SCCA guidelines for drivers licensing - as long as she is legal to operate a MV in her home state, and those same conditions are met, she is good to run?

2) Do I need both Beth and I to sign the waiver and get it notarized?

Thanks,

DaveW
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
DaBBG
Senior CICENet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
It has been a while since I have been at on of your events with my daughter - Sam and I are going to come up and run the CAM-C car at this event. She is 15, Missouri Learners Permit that requires an adult to be in the car. Beth is not coming to the event.

1) From reading your rules, CCSCC basically follows the SCCA guidelines for drivers licensing - as long as she is legal to operate a MV in her home state, and those same conditions are met, she is good to run?

2) Do I need both Beth and I to sign the waiver and get it notarized?

Thanks,

DaveW
You will both need to sign it but I am pretty sure it does Not need notarized. As for the learners permit I also believe that the club decided, after an incident early this year, that an experienced autocrosser or the guardian has to be with the student. Some one with a better memory please chime in.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBBG View Post
You will both need to sign it but I am pretty sure it does Not need notarized. As for the learners permit I also believe that the club decided, after an incident early this year, that an experienced autocrosser or the guardian has to be with the student. Some one with a better memory please chime in.
I'm pretty sure Dave will fall well within the guidelines of "experienced autocrosser". You've seen him and his SPS sales trailer but just may not be recognizing his screen tag.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
DaBBG
Senior CICENet Member

Oh I know how Dave W. is. I also remember he daughter is use to go kart as well. I was just stating what we had discussed for any one else to reference.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
DaveW
CICENet Member

Is there a definitive person who can answer about needing to be notarized? I don't remember if I had to last time (s) Sam ran in the kart or not....it is not a huge deal to get it notarized, Beth and I work in the same office, but we don't have an in house notary any longer so we will have to run to the bank or UPS Store.

DaveW
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
illinipo
CICENet Posting Master

I have in an email on 20 March 2017 from the waiver co-chair that they only need one parent to sign. Since you will be there with the minor, you could just sign it onsite, no need for a notary. I did the same for my son when we went to watch at Parkland last year.

Notary comes into play when the parent/legal guardian is not present. All the notary does is verify identification. So, Dave would only need the notary for Beth's signature, and only if we require both parents to sign.

Last edited by illinipo; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:01 PM.
illinipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17
greggodavike
CICENet Posting Master

This event is coming together quickly. I see some people talking about the event, but not pre-registered.

I'll be out Friday afternoon to set up the course. I'll post a time later this week. I'll be looking for some help. If you want to get an early look, be there if you can.

Don't forget, we are doing Grudge Matches. If you are interested, call someone out.
greggodavike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
Jkruse
CICENet Senior Guru

Brian Knox and Jacob Kruse grudge match on sunday.
Jkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Russ -- Dean and I are grudging Sunday.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
depluma
Senior CICENet Member

Clark, thanks for that update. I was just going to summarize my grudge matches.

Saturday:
- Brian Catt and I in "cats-n-vets"....sung to the tune of "bumps-n-heats" with a dance choreographed by Jeff Smucker.

Sunday:
- Clark and I in "Hot Dogs v Brats".....sung to the tune of "The Orville"....no dance for this one.