Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Old 09-12-2017   #41
jako
CICENet Posting Master

Seriously, the Del Slo has the power of four harnessed school children.
"It's ok... the shower curtain has suction cups."
jako is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2017   #42
jvb6806
Administrator

Ready to take on the Street Tire class with an EP index on Sunday... my goal is not DFL.

I went into Northstar Motorsports last week to look at safety gear and started chatting with the owner about what we were doing and he offered us discounts on everything we purchase. I have been buying all of my safety stuff from them for the as long as I can remember buying safety stuff and they are very knowledgeable. If anyone is looking for gear in the chicago area area they have seats, suits, gloves, shoes, helmets, hans, etc all in stock for you to try on and see what fits. Awesome place, good people.

I picked up a set of OMP nomex shoes and after sitting in the Corbeau FX seat I think that is what will be going in the car. I was leaning towards the Kirkey Aluminum Road Race seat but the FX fits well, has the harness holes high enough for me, and will sit low enough to work with the cage. With the seat pad out you are just sitting on a fiberglass shell.

The more and more I read Chumpcar sounds like more fun... but also more money.

The events are at the same places as lemons, but a bit more expensive ($1200-$1400 vs ~$1000).

The appeal of chumpcar is that it is more of a real road race event vs lemons which is more of a goof.

With the pts based system in chump instead of the blanket dollar system of lemons we could actually upgrade the cooling system, put some cheap coilovers on the car, and swap a B16 in there and still be under the 500pt cap.

Things to think about.