Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > News > Local Events

View Poll Results: Are you planning on running the rally?
Yes I am coming 1 9.09%
No, I cannot make it 5 45.45%
Maybe 3 27.27%
What is a TSD Road Rally? 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2012   #1
Jon1800s
CICENet Member

CCSCC Yellow Line Rally - October 14th

CCSCC Yellow Line Rally

The "July" "Friday Niter" is going to be held on the afternoon of Sunday October 14throad rally is in the tradition of the Friday Niter rally's as a good basic fun event. Registration starting at 1:30pm on in the SW corner of the Urbana Meijer parking lot with a drivers meeting at 2:15 and first car off at 2:31 pm.

I am not changing the event speeds as this rally will be run in the day as harvest will be wrapping up and I want to keep this rally as easy as possible.

As the rallymaster I had no problem remaining on time - of course I shouldn't as I know the expected time at every turn and CAST change. To be "fair" I am going to provide this information for all participants in the form of a Car Zero Time. I am providing the time for each instruction but I am not letting you know where the checkpoints will be - there has to be some challenge to the event. So to use the Car Zero Time if you are car #6 and instruction 18 reads 2:48.27 Left at T CAST 40 you would want to complete that turn at 2:54 pm and roughly 15 seconds.

I am hoping the Car Zero Time will make it easier for novices to understand how to stay on time by providing a reference point for each instruction. It also provides a reference point to calculate a delay allowance request if a team should miss a turn.

To make course following a bit easier the primary main road rule will be to follow the yellow center line if directed onto a road with a yellow center line. If not following the yellow line the secondary main road rule is the CCSCC commonly used Straight as Possible except at T rule. Signs and instructions are not meant to be tricky in any way but to represent commonly used instructions in CCSCC rally's.

The original General Instructions are posted but I have yet to update the times so please bear with me. Nothing other than the times are expected to change.

Again - please use this threat to ask public questions or to, post if you are coming or to inquire about finding a Driver or Navigator.

Jonathan Flora, Rallymaster
Jon1800s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012   #2
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Looking forward to running this one.

Jon, Count me in.
Old 10-01-2012   #3
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Online registration is open

www.ccsportscarclub.org/registration
Old 10-02-2012   #4
Jon1800s
CICENet Member

What is a TSD rally?

It is an event where the participants are to follow a route prescribed by the organizer and maintain an average speed over the distance of the route to be timed at a checkpoint. The type and style of TSD events can vary widely but at the core it is a route where you try to remain on time by averaging speeds over a accurately measured distance. It becomes difficult based on the speeds vs road conditions and the understanding of the route instructions. As this is a competitive event we generally measure in time to the hundred of a minute (also it makes the math much easier when calculating everything).

This is done over the public roads in a manner where it is safe and legal to complete the leg on time. Provisions are allowed for claiming delay time to allow for errors, mistakes and unavoidable delays (eg.: tractors, trains, Sunday drivers)
Old 10-02-2012   #5
ruse
CICENet Posting Master

Jonathan,

Sorry we cannot make it - we have out of town guests that will need to be driven back to the airport during that time. If it weren't for that, we would be there.
Old 10-13-2012   #6
JerryW
CICENet Guru

Greg and I will be there to work checkpoints if lots of cars show up or to fill out the field if only a few do.

JerryW
JerryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #7
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

Peter and I are in.
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #8
Jon1800s
CICENet Member

The ODO sign is out

Everyone,

I have placed the ODO sign on the course this morning. Everything is ready other than to set the clocks.

It is a beautiful day so I come on out for a nice short road rally and ending at Monicals in SE Urbana.

Registration starts at 2:30 but I will be there a bit earlier if anyone has questions and running a rally.
Old 10-15-2012   #9
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Red face Ooops,

Sorry to mess up your beautiful morning, Jon. How did it go. I was very disapointed that we did not get to run. Who won???
Old 10-15-2012   #10
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingls2 View Post
Sorry to mess up your beautiful morning, Jon. How did it go. I was very disappointed that we did not get to run. Who won???

Since I had to be home before 5.30pm and it was designed for two check point cars, meaning because of the delay it would've either run past my allotted time or only 3 teams could've competed, the rally got cancelled. Sorry

While there together we had some discussion about possible options for the rest of this season, with basically 2 short rallies worked out and ready to be run.

One possibility could be to run both rallies on the same day, one in the morning and the other one in the afternoon. Which could attract the DeMeritt's and Hanson's to make their travel worthwhile from Indiana.
Also many people including me will still have to work to make points count, and that could swat a few flies at once, while also attracting more people to have a great day together.

Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote