Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > Motorsports > Auto-X\Road Racing

Old 1 Day Ago   #51
Jkruse
CICENet Senior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Glad you brought this up Bill because the way they do paddock is different this year. Listen up guys it's important. I spoke with Tom Deyoung and he said CCSCC guys are welcome to paddock with STL again this year. When you register for Nats, it will ask if you are paddocking with a group, and if so which one. Be sure to put down STL if you want to paddock with the group. Otherwise, you'll be doing individual paddock registration on your own and you'll probably be out who knows where 20 rows back. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
I will probably do this if you are Adam.
Jkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 1 Day Ago   #52
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

For anyone going, there is truly strength in numbers. The STL crew is very friendly, and helpful if you are in a pinch for help or simply want some shade or friendly face to talk to.
Old 1 Day Ago   #53
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkruse View Post
I will probably do this if you are Adam.
Yep, I'll be in the STL paddock, and I'd recommend anyone going from Central IL to hop on board, but of course people who want to do their own thing still can. STL will have a big spread with lots of shade and people hanging out, grilling out, ect. To my knowledge there will be no Central IL paddock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleez View Post
It's always better to do more fun shit in a day than to do less fun shit.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Hours Ago   #54
DisplacedNE
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Yep, I'll be in the STL paddock, and I'd recommend anyone going from Central IL to hop on board, but of course people who want to do their own thing still can. STL will have a big spread with lots of shade and people hanging out, grilling out, ect. To my knowledge there will be no Central IL paddock.
Adam, thank you for getting this out! Last year we had organized with Tom and the St. Louis crew, seems like that worked well, but admittedly I didn't make the trip. Is the St. Louis crew still wanting a contribution towards the tent this year?

CIR SCCA Member - schedule
CCSCC Member - schedule
DisplacedNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Hours Ago   #55
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedNE View Post
Adam, thank you for getting this out! Last year we had organized with Tom and the St. Louis crew, seems like that worked well, but admittedly I didn't make the trip. Is the St. Louis crew still wanting a contribution towards the tent this year?
You bet. Tom didn't say anything about it, but here's my take. I'd say those who are bringing their own EZ ups to use need not worry, but if someone will be using STL's tents then kicking them a small contribution would be a nice and appreciated gesture. Contributions should go to Sam Lee or Tom Deyoung.

Quote:

Last edited by Adam; 15 Hours Ago at 10:00 AM.
Old 15 Hours Ago   #56
TomD
New User

Hey guys,

I wouldn't worry about paying for tents, I wasn't able to secure on of the nice big tents so we'll just have to string together individual pop-ups. If you bring Christmas lights we can string them together and have some light for when it gets dark. I'd suggest bringing a chair and some sort of small table to set your drinks/food on.

I'll be around in Rantoul this weekend if you have any questions. By the way in case nationals registration requires you to type the name of your desired paddock group, ours is just "St. Louis". I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!
TomD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Hours Ago   #57
nocones
CICENet Posting Master

Do we need to let you know if we are in your paddock group? I intend to hang out with the CCSCC folk and meet the STL folk that aren't both CCSCC and STL
Old 13 Hours Ago   #58
TomD
New User

You can let me or Adam know. I requested 20 spots, but it would help to know who is coming in case I need to request more.
TomD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Hours Ago   #59
Jkruse
CICENet Senior Guru

I will be signing up.
Jkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Hours Ago   #60
Adam

Hey guys, if you're looking for a recommendation for a hotel, I've been staying at the Super 8 on "O" street the last several times I've been to Lincoln. Rooms are clean, price is right, and the location is ideally located between downtown Lincoln and the site, just 5 minute drive either direction. Also it's close to the Harley Davidson gas pumps if you're interested in filling up with 95 or 100 Oct fuel. Ray and I just booked a room there.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8

Quote: