Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > News > Local Events

Old 05-16-2017   #41
Jkruse
CICENet Senior Guru

I believe what Eric is trying to do is keep away from keyboard wars and keeping people that were not there out of the conversation until we have answers for the harder questions that they may have. Its very logical for the actions and requests he has.
Jkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2017   #42
Z3papa
CICENet Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkruse View Post
I believe what Eric is trying to do is keep away from keyboard wars and keeping people that were not there out of the conversation until we have answers for the harder questions that they may have. Its very logical for the actions and requests he has.
I will disengage but thought folks would want to see the full language as I did not recall the editorial language which suggests one rule does not fit all applications mindset. Sorry I missed the event as I was in the Big Easy.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017   #43
S stang
CICENet Guru

Ok my 3cents too much car not enough driving time for the kid his grandfather was his first time at a autocross too next time the club need to have a experience co driver with them till they can show that they can handle the car gos for both of them .when the young driver is at his first one as for the speed the winner in cam c was from out of town didn't say anything bad about it but it a fun corse to run .
S stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017   #44
Emanuel
CICENet Posting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by S stang View Post
Ok my 3cents too much car not enough driving time for the kid his grandfather was his first time at a autocross too next time the club need to have a experience co driver with them till they can show that they can handle the car gos for both of them .when the young driver is at his first one as for the speed the winner in cam c was from out of town didn't say anything bad about it but it a fun corse to run .
Actually I talked with Jacob and he did say it was unusually fast, but then he does track days and high performance driving events, so it didn't face him personally. However just because good drivers didn't have any issues themselves doesn't mean it's he right thing to do for the entire population of our autox entrants.

We have never controlled who drives what car and how much experience they have. His guardian did attend our autox school, which is more than can be said of the majority of new drivers at our event. Also the incident itself is actually secondary to the issue, being a result of course design or not. As Clark laid out very detailed there are guidelines for recommended achievable speeds at autox. If we choose to ignore those, we are on our own in case someone gets seriously hurt and it will almost definitely mean the end of CCSCC as we know it and possibly autox at Rantoul. Is that really worth the thrill of exceeding interstate speed for a few seconds?

Lastly when I wrote that people should have the freedom to choose how fast they want to go I was talking about joy rides and not a timed competition that forces people to drive as fast as the car/their skill allows to have a chance of winning. I do believe while we all do it for the fun, the majority of people does autox because of the added competition part of it and of course the social aspect. So telling people to drive slower if they feel a section is too fast wasn't a good argument back when we talked about curbs at Parkland and is certainly not now.
Emanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017   #45
mrazny
CICENet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S stang View Post
Does Illinois allow a Guardian to be "Assigned" for the passenger requirements for Permit Drivers? (it's been awhile)
mrazny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017   #46
mrazny
CICENet Guru

For independent clubs like TSSCC and CCSCC, it's a great question of how insurance would investigate a claim.

The policies themselves don't always comment on the potential requirements, but they can look past policy. If they look into club posted guidelines, and those posted guidelines reflect over another document (SCCA rules), since most insurance starts at "deny" on a claim until compliance is proven, for the insurance claim itself adherence to the referenced document could be the crucial element.

There's also the fact that the insurance really is for damage to property, not to competitor injury. The general hope is the signed waiver stands, but again I do believe that the club referencing the related document would come into play, but I'm not a lawyer.

CCSCC also has no ability to fully emulate SCCA. There is no sanction, there is no governing body above to appeal to or to assist with regulating Safety guidelines and specifically safety officials. The opinion of the Club's board is the final word, for good and for ill.

Last edited by mrazny; 05-17-2017 at 03:08 PM.
mrazny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017   #47
PGibby
CICENet Posting Master

Ok, I can respect the "don't talk about it anymore". But, I'd certainly like to see some notes/discussion/actions moving forward.