Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > News > Local Events

Old 08-25-2012   #1
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Arthur Cheese Festival Rally

Today should prove to be the defining moment for the Sept 1 Rally ,secheduled for Friday night but being in Amish country we will move it to Saturday for safety.

I have the course laid out and Jonathan Flora will be coming down today to get it fine tuned and ready to go.

More information will follow, but, if we can get everything together, we will be starting in Tuscola and ending in Arthur. The Labor Day weekend is always the Cheese Festival, so this will fit right in.

This will be a very leasurely run rally due to the many buggies that can be on the rally route. Speeds will be slower than usual. I am hoping that everyone will have time to enjoy the sites and still get a good time in each leg.
Old 08-25-2012   #2
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Things went well.

We got everything done and will have the rally Saturday. Tuscola IGA parking lot at 11:00am, first car off at 12:00 plus car number. A little over 75 miles of country roads with short amounts of gravel, aprox, 2 miles. You will encounter buggies and even some farm equipment, so we have kept the CAST's slower than normal. Please stay safe.

All that is left is a cold run this week for a check. I will add the event to the registration site tonight. I hope there is a good showing as we will be eating at Yoder's Kitchen after the event and, if you like, you may partake in the downtown Arthur event after the rally.
Old 08-26-2012   #3
JerryW
CICENet Guru

I'm planning to be there. I might even get the wife to go down to meet up with us at Yoder's. She'd probably appreciate some company on the way down too so maybe some other non-participants can car pool with her.

JerryW
JerryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #4
illinipo
CICENet Posting Master

General Instructions are now online with additional information: http://ccsportscarclub.org/2012/08/a...al-rally-2012/
illinipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #5
JerryW
CICENet Guru

Hmmmm! Looks like the forecast has the worst of the rain getting here at 11am or noon tomorrow and who knows how much there will already have been by then! Might be a good idea to postpone until a better day.

JerryW
JerryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #6
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Not Quite so Quick

So far they have been way off on the forcast. We have gooten ziltch in the way of rain in Arthur.

If we postpone, it will be announced in the morning, I will commit to 9:00a.m. decision time.
Old 09-01-2012   #7
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Good Morning

Arthur is still here. We only got 1.5" so far. It fif not begin until after 10 last night and was never a real downpour. It has pretty much stopped now and the radar looks like it will not begin again for most of the day. As of 7:30, we are still on for the event. I will update again before 9:00 for the final.
Old 09-01-2012   #8
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

We are on

I will be at the Tuscola IGA with Jon Flora to begin the Arthru Cheese Festival Rally at 11:00 this morning. The rain is out of the area for a while and we can make this happen.

See you there.
Old 09-01-2012   #9
Tingls2
CICENet Posting Master

Sad to say

We did not have enough participation to run the rally today. It will go in the at the can and be run at the end of the month. Looks like September 30 will be the date. That is a Sunday. I hope more will be able to make this one successful.

Thanks to those that did show up and we will get this one done, just later.
Old 09-01-2012   #10
Mikelsr
CICENet Posting Master

Sorry to hear you didn't have enough cars to run.

A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- A. Einstein

Mikelsr is offline   Reply With Quote