Go Back   CICENetwork - Forums > News > Local Events

Old 04-16-2017   #1
DaBBG
Senior CICENet Member

CCSCC 2017 Patching Days

We will be patching concrete on Friday and Saturday, April 28 & 29. Please come out and help us make this site more usable and safer. The more we get patched, the more possibilities for course variations there will be.

On Friday, we will be jack hammering and cutting out patches and on Saturday pouring concrete. We need volunteers for both days.

Friday we will be picking out pieces and putting them into a front end loader and preparing the areas for the concrete (leveling and tamping). Items you can bring to help are shovels, heavy duty wire cutters, hammers and chisels and a wheel barrow.

Saturday we will be pouring concrete and finishing it. If you have concrete finishing tools, please bring them. Otherwise, both days you should bring gloves and as always, dress for the weather.

CCSCC will be providing water and lunch for all volunteers both days and a voucher for a free day of autocross for each day you work. These vouchers can be redeemed for any Rantoul autocross or for any road rally. They will not be redeemable for the scholarship events at Parkland and Richland colleges.
Old 04-20-2017   #2
dragongal
CICENet Senior Guru

Come on out help us make our concrete better for Autocross events. We love our area
bigger then most places for autox. I'll be there to help both days.

Cathy
dragongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017   #3
Skid Marx
CICENet Guru

I should be there Friday.
Skid Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017   #4
DaBBG
Senior CICENet Member

Damn weather! Well, with the impending rain that is coming this weekend, we chose not to have any lakes in Rantoul. So in fear of removing concrete without being able to replace it we are going to cancel patching days and reschedule for a later date. Thanks to all who planned on coming out this week. Watch for further updates on a new date.
Old 04-27-2017   #5
depluma
Senior CICENet Member

I'm happy and sad about this.......thanks for the update.